Benefit Delivery Impacts Employee Perception
Administration impacts the employee experience, cost and compliance. While it typically represents a relatively small portion of the benefit budget, it should be considered an integral part of overall delivery. Effective administration rarely receives compliments. However when an error occurs, such as employee having their coverage denied, or if there is a breach of data privacy or a compliance failure, administration is often to blame.
As a professional services firm, Pentra has made the strategic decision not to sell or re-sell a proprietary administrative services platform or enrollment system. Rather, we believe it is in our client’s best interest to help identify the right partners to meet their needs, and assist in implementation, management and oversight. By taking a completely objective view of administration, we are never conflicted by pressure to sell “our system.” The only pressure we feel is to help our clients make the decisions that are in their best interest.
Assistance related to HR and benefits administration typically involves:
- Understanding or developing the strategy on sourcing (insourcing, outsourcing, Software as a Service (SaaS), co-sourcing, etc.)
- Evaluation of current systems, processes, vendors and partners
- Consideration of internal capabilities and current administrative platform
- Efficiency analysis
- Ability to comply with federal and state regulations
- Review of existing vendor contracts, pricing, services, performance and management